Saturday, February 20, 2016

I found something I wrote a long time ago, (I don't remember when). Reading the following section those who know me can clearly see from where I came to where I am now.
For me there is inspiration seeing as I do not have to be concerned with others opinions of me anymore. People will always judge, however I do not worry as I can not change them.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."




I have struggled with drug addiction for quite a few years. I have done things I regret, I've learnt a lot about my self and others in this long journey I've been on. I am no angel, I know I've done wrong, but I know I have a big heart. I do care about people and there feelings. I know what its like to judge and be judged. I would be lying if I said I have never judged any one. But i wouldn't be lying if I said that I no longer judge people before getting a chance to know them. I use to act like nothing bothered me and I would brag about being heartless. But deep down I wasn't although I did not care about who I was hurting at that time. I was just doing what was needed for survival.  I am a recovering addict, I'm not using. I am not using my DOC (drug of choice) whether it be street drugs, prescription drugs, or alcohol.. People who are always drinking would judge me and many still do. Now everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But if you drink that does not give you a right to belittle someone who is addicted to something else. That is a hypo-cryt. That drunk is just as bad as the junkie. Get to know someone and what they have been through before judging them. Before you walk through someone else's shoes you do not know what demons that person is battling. Think before you speak b/c words can do more damage than sticks and stones.




 I am available to speak in your city, for your organization, school, or synagogue.

Please contact me at 443-415-0449 or at rabbischoenes@gmail.com for fee and scheduling information.