Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Today's blog post may be a bit of a ramble, and not make much sense, as I am very emotional right now. This post is discussing a major part of my story.

When I was early in sobriety, I was incapable of being honest with myself. People in my regular meetings realized that things I said would contradict each other. Thanks to someone I consider a very close dear friend I was able to be convinced to get the much needed outside help required. I remember the ambulance ride from Crown Heights, Brooklyn, N.Y. to the hospital in I believe upstate New York (Although I may be mistaken on location) as if it was just yesterday. At the time although I never said anything then, I built up a huge resentment towards those friends, (and for an addict resentment will very possibly lead to a relapse).
Even when I got to the psychiatric hospital I though there was no reason to be there. The people involve saved my life. With out that help I would be dead today.
When I arrived at the hospital, I was still convinced that I did not need any help, and did not want to check myself in voluntarily. Although I did not want to be there, I participated, at first to be able to get out quicker, and later as I saw it was helping me.
For these true friends who helped in my time of need, I am forever grateful.
Today as a result of being convinced to check myself in, (otherwise I would have been committed), I am a productive member of society, and able to manage the disease of addiction.





 I am available to speak in your city, for your organization, school, or synagogue.

Please contact me at 443-415-0449 or at rabbischoenes@gmail.com for fee and scheduling information.