Tuesday, April 5, 2016

No one But One

I will never forget sitting in that nice office lined with religious books being told it never happened.

I had come to a religious community leader to ask for help. I had been fondled inappropriately.  "Religious people do not do such things", he said. "Don't you know what God has said about such actions? Why are you trying to hurt an innocent person?"was the reply. I had tried turning to others but the response was not much different. No one was there in my time of need No one (,soon to realize no one but one). That night when the house was silent, I turned on the computer, and waited for the slow internet to load. When the internet finally loaded, the search for help began. Nothing, No one was there for me. None cared. Finally I found this website, that showed that there was help. The memories of sitting there filling out an electronic report, are so clear in my mind to this day. The next night at 10:15 p.m. came the call that made all the difference. The person on the other end of the line, understood me like no one else, He believed me and let me know I do not need to go through this through this alone. This caring and compassionate person informed me that he would be there for me every step of the way. No one believed me no one but one. No one would help me no one but one.
Today I am a survivor who lives a productive life, always there for the next person in need. I try to use my story to help and empower others, If my story an save just one life, then all the pain and suffering will not be in vain.





Menachem Schoenes


 I am available to speak in your city, for your organization, school, or synagogue.
Please contact me at 443-415-0449 or at rabbischoenes@gmail.com for fee and scheduling information.