Monday, March 20, 2017

Update (Health Struggles)

As you probably have noticed, I have not written a new blog post in a while. You may be wondering what has happened? Is everything OK?
 A little over a month ago, I went to the doctor for frequent and persistent nosebleeds. After running some blood work, he found that I had critically low platelets in my blood. For those who may not know, the platelets are one of the major cells in the blood, that help a healthy person's blood clot properly. If a person does not have enough platelets, they can bleed out, sometimes even internally, without knowing.
 I spent a few days in the hospital, where they ran many tests, and concluded that I have a condition called Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura or ITP for short, and they do not know the cause.
Among the many symptoms are fatigue, low energy, easy bruising, and pain.
  While doing further research into my condition, I have found that some of my favorite foods can have negative effects on my platelet count, while other foods can have a very positive effect. I now understand more than ever, how diet can be instrumental in one's health.
  I hope that now that I have learned how to manage my physical, mental and spiritual health, I will be able to start posting regularly again.

 Thank you all for your patience while waiting for an update, and hope to continue sharing my experience, strength and hope with you all.





 I am available to speak in your city, for your organization, school, or synagogue.
 Please contact me at 443-415-0449 or at rabbischoenes@gmail.com for fee and scheduling information.